- Repair/rework/modify products using various fixed/portable equipment (lathes, pillar drills, welders, etc.).
- Supervise all workshop personnel/processes, ensuring safe practice and acceptable performance levels are maintained.
- Distribute daily work requirements between team members and support execution in line with the production schedule.
- Ensure machinery/equipment is maintained and in safe working condition, liaising with suppliers where necessary.
- In line with HSE guidelines, arrange/deliver adequate training (internal and/or external) before authorising workshop personnel to use machinery/tools.
- Maintain the LEV systems, replacing filters and arranging inspection/servicing, as and when required.
- Guide Staff on most suitable repair methods and set standards for product finish.
- Highlight potential supply/quality issues to QC.
- Give time and material estimates on bespoke product requests and execute upon sales order placement.
- Ensure stock levels of raw materials (metal/timber) and consumable items are maintained to a suitable level.
- Manage email/phone correspondence to workshop and furniture department.
- Ensure staff are aligned of the quality standards required on all item finish techniques (brass polishing/aging, chemical bronzing, gilding, etc.).
- Ensure all staff are trained appropriately when new products or processes are introduced.
- Troubleshoot any issues with product, equipment, tools that arise and ensure a swift resolve.
- Escalate any environmental or staffing issues to senior management and support resolution.
- Aide with Risk Assessments and ensure COSHH records are maintained.
8:30-4:45 Monday to Friday
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other