JOB TITLE : Night Shift Maintenance Engineer
RESPONSIBLE TO : Engineering Manager
- Carry out routine maintenance, fault finding and repair to all Dry, Wet, dispensary and associated plant manufacturing equipment / building services, ensuring full compliance with cGMP, the Company's Quality Assurance Policy and SOPs. Also including services and equipment in the warehouse, labs, offices, plant rooms, external and other areas as required.
- Provide on-going support / advice for best practice maintenance, installation, service and repair / fault diagnosis / improvement / modification of manufacturing equipment / related building services, also across other areas of site as required and as directed.
- To ensure Risk Assessments, Permits to Work, Work Instructions, and all other job specific paper work are completed on time and on-going are kept up to date.
- To carry out any specific tasks / small projects as requested by the Engineering Manager.
- To carry out a verbal and where necessary written hand over at the end of the working day / shift to the incoming shift team and / or supervisor to ensure that any critical operational information is passed on (e.g. unresolved problems / potential issues)
- To assist with planning, and then carry out general repairs / fault finding, maintenance, routine and major of machinery and service equipment, in order that downtime is minimised and that adequate records and files for all works are maintained. To also support project work as and when required.
- To provide specialist electrical / mechanical support inside and outside Plant, relating to both project and general maintenance works as directed.
- Where required, produce and modify electrical records, drawings and diagrams relative to Plant and associated areas, and all other areas that have been worked on.
- To ensure all daily checks and calibration tasks that are the responsibility of the Engineering Department are carried out on time, correctly and in line with SOPs, as directed.
- To ensure equipment changes are carried out in accordance with Our Clients Quality Assurance programme and Change Control procedures. Training to be provided.
- To ensure the Engineering workshop, and any other areas worked in / on are left clean, safe and tidy after maintenance works have been carried out.
- To assist the Engineering Manager and Plant Support Engineers in the day to day control and management of contractors / sub-contractors as required.
- To carry out duties in line with the Company's Quality Assurance Policy, SOPs and within strict cGMP guidelines, ensuring the relevant engineering practices are reflected from the relevant SOP / Work Instructions. Training to be provided.
- To ensure your own safety and that of others at all times during all Maintenance and Engineering operations
- To ensure that all work carried out is to best practice guidelines, most up to date legal requirements, including but not limited to Building Regulations, the most relevant British standards / 17th/18th Edition wiring regulations as relevant.
- To ensure that all equipment prior to maintenance is isolated safely / securely, and following maintenance / other work is handed back in a state of safe working order.
- Any other tasks set by the Engineering Manager and / or Plant Support Engineers.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE
- Timely completion of maintenance activities allowing hand back of equipment on time and to the correct standards.
- Contribution to Electrical / Mechanical work requirements.
- Improvements in the high standards of plant and service machinery maintenance presently offered by the department, resulting low levels of rejected production batches.
- Willingness to show a flexible approach to work recognising the peaks and troughs of our business.
- Safety Standards of engineering and maintenance activities.
- Levels of contribution to the overall performance of the Engineering Department
- Contribution to any company wide initiatives such as the ideas scheme, Keep Getting Better and so on.
- Handling of other specific tasks requested by the Engineering Manager or Engineering Supervisor.
The salary is up to £50,000 DOE - this is made up of a basic salary of up to £37,500 and a 25% shift allowance.
My client offers various perks and benefits that will be discussed in interview.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other