My Client is recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer in the Water Sector
JOB PURPOSE: To develop, contribute and provide process and technical support throughout the various project stages.
- Provide support and information throughout the various project stages
- Arrange proposals and cost estimate during tender stage if required
- Arrange detailed process design package after project award
- Assist in plant start-up and performance testing, as required
- Manage and perform a thorough review of customer's inquiry and specifications
- Review client enquiry and client specification
- Arrange clarification if any
- Arrange for site visit if required
- Request for process design information if missing
- Arrange list of deliverables for the tender submission
- Develop process and technical offer documentation
- Arrange process simulation (calculations)
- Arrange equipment sizing and provide information in the form of equipment data sheets
- Develop process flow diagrams (PFD's) and or process and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID)
- Develop plant layouts if required
- Arrange process description
- Assist in developing process related testing and commissioning procedure
- Perform an analysis of the process design and compare it to previous company or published designs to determine if the process design is competitive
- Prepare the technical offer as per company standard / or client requirement
- Liaise with subcontractors and suppliers to obtain quotations
- Arrange the enquiry and identify the supplier list
- Assess quotations to determine which is technically acceptable
- Arranging cost comparison sheets if required
- Meeting / calling subcontractors and suppliers for further negotiation and discussions
- Maintain awareness of market trends and equipment / process developments
- Prepare cost sheet
- Arrange the cost sheet as per company format and standard if required
- Fill out the equipment's BOQ if required
- Prepare a project evaluation to allow determination of the viability of the project
- Develop innovative ideas and alternatives to be cost competitive with proposals
- Support the proposals team when requested
- Finalising with the proposal manager the final cost
- Discussion of technical and commercial details with the business development team and / or client
- Periodically participate in HAZOP studies
- Prepare customer presentations
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree/HND in Chemical or Process Engineering or similar
- Proven good all round knowledge of IT applications
- Experience in a similar position
- Direct Water Industry background
- Driving license
- Flexibility to work and stay out overnight anywhere in the UK
The successful candidate is likely to display the following attributes:
Flexible - Ability to meet the day to day requirements even if this means travelling and staying away from home.
Good Communicator - influence a positive outcome by communicating effectively at all levels.
Technically astute - Have an extensive knowledge of water treatment processes.
Resourceful - Know when and who to ask/deploy to get the work done in line with the agreed plan.
Organised - Able to work to clear deliverables, report progress, able to give feedback, drive to deliver without the need to be driven by others.
Completer/Finisher - Proven track record of closing out project commissioning phases on time and budget.
Team Player - Willing to contribute to and support the overall project delivery team and support the wider site community as necessary to exceed stakeholder expectations.
Innovative/Developmental - Proactively develop best practices to continuously improve the future performance of the process team.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other