You will be joining a growing R&D department as a Design Engineer to work on New Product Development of their product range.
The company are an award winning SME business who are part of a global company. They are a leading manufacturer of electro/mechanical equipment within their industry sector.
As a Design Engineer you will…
- To produce drawings, build prototypes, test and prepare associated documentation
- To design new units, and assist in the general design and development within the R&D department
What you will be doing…
- Liaise with the Engineering Manager to establish scope and completion dates for projects
- Generate new ideas and concepts for future products.
- Visit customer sites and provide support to the sales department in helping to develop new innovative solutions to customer and industry problems.
- Create detailed CAD models and working drawings using SolidWorks for product development and prototyping, fabrication, BOMs and future production
- Assist with the production and fabrication of prototypes, noting and recording ease of fabrication, ease of assembly and maintaining cost targets
- Support the Engineering Manager with the generation of cost estimates and accurate BOMs
- Provide illustrations and images of design for use by the Sales and Marketing departments
- Research new technologies and enhancements that may be applicable to existing BOFA products
- Carry out tests, document results and incorporate the test results into future product design
- Prepare documentation for User and Operator manuals
What we are looking for…
- Minimum of HNC/HND/Degree in an Engineering related discipline
- Experience working in a design for manufacture environment and ideally experience of designing mechanical or electro/mechanical assemblies.
- Knowledge of 3D CAD packages preferably Solidworks
- Knowledge of product data management systems
- Excellent IT literacy with the ability to use MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes
- Excellent numeracy and analytical ability
- Experience with DFMEA / PFMEA and 8D processes will be desirable.
- Competitive Salary
- 23 Days holiday + bank holidays
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Early Finish on a Friday
- Opportunity to be part of a growing and award winning business
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other