Avionic/Electronic Test Engineer - 6 month contract - Yeovil - £24.27ph UMB or £18.27ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
This role requires you to obtain a Criminal Record Check along with reference checks before starting.
To provide an Electrical & Mechanical Metrology Calibration, validation, inspection and testing service.
- Calibration of avionic and electronic test and measuring equipment, selecting the appropriate test standards considering accuracies required. Calibration of equipment across all ranges and functions and including the calibration of pressure indicating instruments and testing and verification of crimping tools. Tasks conducted within the laboratory and across site.
- To compile test programs and verification schedules and procedures for avionic and electronic test and measuring equipment.
- To support the offload of test & measuring equipment to suppliers for calibration, including dispatching & receipting.
- To review and assess the Technical specifications of avionics, electronic, electrical and mechanical test equipment to assist with supplier calibration.
- Carrying out the BER & NCS processes for Mechanical & Electrical test & measuring equipment returning from supplier calibration.
- To ensure equipment received for calibration is subjected to Portable Appliance Tests to meet the required statutory obligations.
- Educated to HNC or equivalent in electrical engineering and to hold a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
- 3 years minimum experience in aircraft electrical / electronic systems.
- Experience and knowledge of a calibration / inspection environment in Avionic and Electrical disciplines.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other