As a Designated Project Engineer, you will lead design and engineering management activities for allocated portfolio of projects.
You will liaise with the local delivery team to ensure that scheme requirements are effectively communicated, designs approved and the optimal whole life cost solutions implemented within the required timescales.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to be involved developing and implementation of engineering schemes within the Works Delivery Buildings work-bank and is an ideal opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills. It is an exciting time to work on the railway and be a part of something great. The decisions we make now to maintain operations on our infrastructures, will have an impact for years to come, and you can be a part of this challenge.
About the role:
The ideal successful candidate will have membership with relevant professional body and relevant experience in the delivery of design and construction schemes or project within the railway industry. They will have a sound engineering knowledge which will allow a good understanding of the effective management of risk.
You will be responsible for:
- Engineer Projects to the standards and specification of Network Rail, allocated design and construction contracts include reference to and are compliant with appropriate Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards, formal specifications and procedures.
- Manage all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
- Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
- Manage the design elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
- Ensure internal and contractor's design/construction/specialists personnel are competent.
- Undertake reviews of design activities and provide engineering assurance and acceptance of submissions. Arrange audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design and management systems is adequate.
- Identify and share best practice across the various project teams.
- Manage Project Engineers of different disciplines, and integrate designs through Interdisciplinary Checks/Reviews. Multidisciplinary management of designs.
- Successful relevant experience in Buildings and Civils engineering, ideally with involvement in design and construction projects across multi-discipline areas
- Technical qualifications to HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or equivalent GNVQ level
- Knowledge of quality assurance on engineering works
- An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work
- CDM, risk assessment, engineering management competency
- PTS - Personal Track Safety Competency
Apply now to be considered for this role.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other