My Client is looking for a Site Electrical Engineer in the water Sector
To supervise, control and project manage all site electrical project activities whilst maintaining the highest standards of health, safety & quality. Manage elements of programme and cost in relation to electrical construction as representative of the Contract and Site Manager.
- Ensure the electrical construction and commissioning is carried out in a safe, compliant & efficient manner
- Ensure that all electrical safety, quality or technical issues are reported in line with company procedures and effectively resolved.
- Achieve appointment as an Authorised Person (AP) under company Electrical Safety Rules
- Ensure Company Electrical Safety Rules are correctly applied on all sites/projects under your control
- Control of all site based electrical works including the management of electrical safety documents (PTW/SFT/LOA/ICE) as required
- Ensuring that approved Electrical RAMS/SSOW's are in place for the for the duration of the project, including incorporation of Company, client and supply chain SSOW's.
- Identify and bring to the attention of Project Management electrical, mechanical & DSEAR processes to be implemented.
- Ensure that electrical testing and putting into service considers and controls hazards to the installers and end users.
- Safely maintain the plant up to client hand over.
- Identify best H&S practice and raise near misses where appropriate.
- Principal Contractor management duties of all electrical work packages, ensuring all work packages effectively interface and are efficiently delivered in line with project programme
- Ensure Detailed records of electrical commissioning ITP/Check sheets are maintained.
- Conduct Site safety inspections on supply chain installation work in terms of compliance with national (BS 7671), Industry (WIMES 3.02) and Client (F25, F15) standards.
- Review and approval of BS7671 inspection & test certification.
- Identify & communicate technical queries and manage change control.
Electrical Construction Management
- Ensure that electrical construction programmes are developed and are accurate and sufficiently detailed to ensure the project lifecycle is optimised.
- Takeover testing is carried out and documented to facilitate hand over of the plant to operations.
- Attendance and control of FATs & SAT's and close out of follow up of actions arising.
- Assessment of electrical construction completion and readiness to commission for packages.
- Support the Project QS and Site Manager in valuations of percentages of work complete and validation of variations.
- Put to work electrical sub-contractors and be point of liaison between them and the Site Manager.
- To be proactive in implementation of digital tools and make full use of Company preferred digital delivery tools.
- Direct liaison with TW Electrical Services Team.
- Ensuring Client Operations staff are trained on electrical equipment to effectively operate the electrical plant.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Electrical HNC/HND or relevant vocational training (apprenticeship).
- Heavy Engineering background particularly process industries.
- Member of IET
- In date SSSTS/SMSTS/IOSH.
- BS 7671 (Current Edition)
- First Aid at Work
- Good working knowledge of water industry engineering practices (WIMES), SSOW's, specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Electrical AP or SAP experience within process related industry
- Working knowledge of DSEAR & ATEX
- Customer Focussed Stakeholder Management & Relationship development.
- QES Compliance
- Performance Measurement & Commercial awareness.
- Good written skills and levels of computer literacy.
- Able to work to strict deadlines.
- Able to adapt to new products and technologies.
- Good motivator & listener and approachable.
- Attention to detail
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other