My Client is looking for a Lead Commissioning Engineer in the Water Sector
The Lead Commissioning engineer's role is to develop from first principles the commissioning strategy and to ensure that the projects process outputs are delivered safely and in compliance with design, client standards, regulatory outputs and meeting all environmental constraints. Establish a reputation for commissioning excellence, providing commissioning support across the whole project lifecycle.
- Ensure the commissioning is carried out in a safe manner & ensure that safety issues are reported immediately and participate in improving best practice.
- Ensuring that SSOW's are in place for the process commissioning for the duration of the project, including incorporation of Company and supply chain SSOW's.
- Identify and bring to the attention of Project Management any COSHH, electrical, mechanical & DSEAR processes to be implemented.
- Ensure that process testing and putting into service considers and controls hazards to the end users.
- Safely maintain the plant up to client hand over.
- Detailed records of commissioning environmental activities are to be maintained.
- Environmental impacts of the packages are to be reflected in the and provisions made at site.
- Ensure compliance throughout the commissioning with all environmental body and regulatory obligations (e.g. EA/OFWAT/Water Company/Water Regs).
- Identify environmental best practice and raise environmental near misses where appropriate.
- Ensure commissioning quality plans and ITP's are maintained
Process and Commissioning compliance
- Commissioning plans are developed and are accurate and sufficiently detailed to ensure commissioning is optimised.
- Takeover testing is carried out and documented to facilitate hand over of the plant to operations.
- Provide documentation to support production of the project O&M's.
- Attendance and control of FATs & SAT's, documentation and follow up of actions arising.
- Review and contribution to project URS, Control Philosophy & FDS.
- Update of TW Site Operating Manual (SOM)
- Assessment of construction completion and readiness to commission for each package.
- Identify & communicate technical queries and manage change control.
- Comply, as appropriate with the processes contained within the Company BMS & Water Company asset standards.
- Coordinate and optimise commissioning across the supply chain and assist in developing subcontractor commissioning requirements.
- Contribute to HAZOP, HAZCOM & OPMAN meetings.
- To be proactive in implementation of digital tools and make full use of preferred digital delivery tools.
- Being the technical and process lead at the construction and commissioning phase of the project.
- Liaison with operations and other stakeholders during the commissioning process.
- Operations staff are trained to effectively operate the plant.
- Production of the Commissioning Plan, Training Plan, ITP's, Takeover Test Reports and over all commissioning manual.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant M&E or Process Engineering HNC/HND or relevant vocational engineering qualifications or training.
- Engineering background particularly commissioning within the water/wastewater or process industries.
- Member of relevant professional body (e.g. IET, IChemE, IoW)
- In date SSSTS/SMSTS/IOSH.
- Good working knowledge of water industry engineering practices(WIMES), SSOW's, specifications and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Stakeholder Management & Relationship development.
- SHEQ Compliance.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making.
- Performance Measurement & Commercial awareness.
- Presentation & communication skills.
- The ability to carry out research and be self-taught on process plant through manufacturers' data and literature
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other