Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials
The Principal Systems Test Engineer will plan, scope and conduct System Test and Qualification activities to ensure requirements of our customers and stakeholders are verified and validated within the UK Operational Business Unit. The Principal Systems Test Engineer will lead systems, test scheduling and strategy either as part of a single or multiple projects.
You will lead the definition, planning, designing, documenting, and undertaking of qualification of systems as part of one or more projects simultaneously.
You will interact as a member of the systems team consisting of 15-30 systems and systems test engineers, with opportunities for technical leadership and/or line management of a team of system test engineers (1-5) within the UK Operational Business Unit, which delivers multiple concurrent research, development and production programmes ranging from tens of £k to several £m.
What's on offer?
- Given a wealth of development opportunities with a clear career plan in-mind
- Provided with internal and external training opportunities
- Work on state-of-the-art Systems within high-grade crypto and information assurance
- Involved in multiple domains and projects, throughout the engineering lifecycle
- Have exposure to all functional and business areas, with opportunities to broaden your knowledge
- In an environment where talent is recognised and promoted.
- Flexible / remote working potentials.
Responsible for / Key responsibilities
- The role will have Line Management, Technical Management and Subject Matter Expert responsibilities:
- Line management/Technical Management of a team of systems engineers (1-5), responsible for their PDPs, training and development and approval of the team's requests (e.g. annual leave etc.).
- Create and maintain Systems Test artefacts, such as Test Plans, Test Procedures and Test Reports, as required, throughout the product development lifecycle, to result in a positive project outcome.
- Is responsible for System Engineers obtaining sufficient knowledge to support environmental testing (end to end process) both internal and external.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or have suitable industry experience.
- Knowledge to complete verification and validation activities to formally qualify complex systems as part of the V-model lifecycle.
- Knowledge of Electronic Engineering or equivalent and experience of Hardware Engineering.
- Ability to facilitate transition to automated Integration & Testing solutions
- Knowledge of Agile Development, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) and similar techniques.
- Knowledge of Environmental Testing.
- Line management experience of a team of 1-5 engineers.
- Technical management experience of a team of systems engineers.
For full information, please get in touch!
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other