Production Planner - Manufacturing - Stockport area- Up to £35,000 DOE We are leading manufacturing business who manufacturer high end products for a number of different industries. Due to growth and progression we are seeking a Planner to join our operations department on a permanent basis. You will be responsible for the scheduling of all material requirements and expediting our customers work orders through manufacturing. You will also be required to create and control production build documentation as well as making sure customer work orders are executed. As a Production Planner, you will be responsible for:
- Maintenance of the demand schedules for new and existing orders on the MRP system.
- Communicating with internal departments to ensure all issues affecting delivery are recognised and solutions are put in place.
- Communicating with customers and internal departments on project process.
- Attending customer site visits where required.
- Coordinating all responses of manufacturing capability and technical queries.
- Maintaining the MRP system to achieve the release of work orders.
- Working with the manufacturing and operations team to help define and implement efficient and effective delivery strategy, including; queue time, work order management decisions, batch size, operations cycle time etc.
- Previous experience in a planning/scheduling/coordinating position.
- Experience in an electronics environment is advantageous but not essential.
- Knowledge and experience with MRP systems.
- Understanding of interaction between different departments i.e. logistics, project, manufacturing etc.
- A basic salary up to £35,000 DOE.
- Pension, health care and bonus schemes.
- 23+ holiday allowance + bank holidays.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
'A' level/Higher or equivalent