Job Description – Conference Planning Executive
Work Hours and Benefits
A fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic company who are constantly growing and developing whilst working with all their partners with authenticity and integrity.
The role is varied and no two days are ever the same so if you someone with great attention to detail, who enjoys working with people and building relationships and is looking for something that will excite and challenge you this is the role for you!
- Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm. Please note this role requires travel which may incorporate an earlier start or a later finish.
- 25 Days holiday
- Opportunity to work and travel both UK and Internationally
- To manage all client venue finds from brief to completion
- Sourcing of up to 5 suppliers and management both UK and internationally
- To ensure outstanding operational excellence
- Achieve margin percentage set for each event
- To live and breathe our values ensuring they are at the heart of all business relationships and decisions.
- To ensure the Company maintains a fun, socialising and hard-working environment
- Managing client enquiries from initial enquiry through to completion of booking.
- To ensure that telephone calls are answered within SLA.
- To ensure that deadlines and client SLA’s are met.
- To negotiate the best rates on behalf of clients.
- To prioritise workloads and support the team in order to fulfil client needs.
- To proactively learn and follow specific client and internal processes.
- To be confident in contract checking and scrutinizing the detail.
- To be fully competent in using the booking platform, with maximum efficiency in mind.
- Using the inhouse system to produce high quality proposal and confirmation documents.
- To follow up after every booking and to understand future requirements.
- To be responsible for collecting final invoice once a booking is complete, ensuring commission levels are set correctly in the system and reconciling to match the final invoice – ensuring SLA is met..
- To support the Commercial area by proactively negotiating enhanced commission, requesting credit facilities, and being aware of deals in place.
- To maximise all product knowledge opportunities by hosting suppliers visiting the office, accompanying client on-site inspections, attending external product knowledge days and attending trade shows.
- To ensure that knowledge is shared within the company.
- Be aware of all joint venture partners and their offerings, in order to confidently share with clients.
- To attend four product knowledge days each year
- To attend two client events per year.
- At least 1 years’ experience in a venue find role – can be non-client facing
- An understanding of venue finding and events.
- Negotiating skills.
- Worldwide venue & destination knowledge desirable, not essential.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent team player.
- PC literacy including Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Trustworthy; integrity; enthusiastic; can-do; passionate; driven; make things happen.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Catering & Hospitality