This role is an interim senior devops engineer, joining a growing engineering function which is in the early stages of a program to migrate its legacy monolithic solutions into a cloud-native microservices platform. They need to begin the process of building the devops function to support this transition.
To assist with this, we are looking for a contract devops engineer to improve automation within the engineering function, initially focusing on:
- Ensuring all code and solutions are source controlled;
- Implementing automated routes to production for all bespoke software products;
- Cataloguing current issues with our test environments, and working with me to build and deliver a plan to improve our environments.
- Coaching a junior member of the DevOps team.
The successful candidate will need extensive experience with:
- Deep knowledge of Git / source control models
- Azure (service bus, functions, Logic Apps, databases, service fabric, VMs).
- Azure's security model
- Managing Azure AD groups/permissions
- Infrastructure as code including:
- ARM Templates
- CI/CD using Azure Pipelines
- Extensive knowledge of application/infrastructure security
- Ethical hacking experience/certification would be a bonus
- Automated testing
I'm also looking for someone with a solid understanding of governance around infrastructure/deployments:
- Principle of least privilege
- Release management process
- Asset management
- Infrastructure/application architecture
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Accountancy