A leading Defence & Aerospace organisation is requiring an Information Security Consultant to join them on a 6-month contract in Luton.
- Must either hold SC Clearance or be eligible to obtain this
- Working inside IR35 paying up to £75 per hour Umbrella.
- Role is working on site in Luton with remote working available when the project allows.
Relate - Our customers and their problem are at the heart of what we do, as a Consultant you will help to actively listen and empathise with our customers to build intimacy and understand and model cyber threats to military platforms.
Understand - We add value by solving problems, as a Consultant you will help define potential solutions to these problems with only limited information based on your experience and technical knowledge of military platforms and their use across the Air, Land, Maritime and Joint domains.
Assess - At Leonardo we adopt a risk based approach to any security problem, as a Consultant you will need to identify, measure and analyse the risks attracted by a given digital system and its information assets through the completion of risk assessments and defining and implementing the enabling governance structures that support this process across the Air, Land, Maritime and Joint domains and associated platforms.
Treat - Resolving risks is the technical core of our offering, as a Consultant you will assist in defining appropriate and proportionate security solutions right the way across people, process and technology aligned to the identified risk picture through the creation of security architecture visions, patterns and designs across the Air, Land, Maritime and Joint domains and associated platforms.
Assure - Giving our customers confidence that security is where it needs to be is a key requirement across heavily regulated industries. As a Consultant you will assist in defining, implementing and performing assessments of our customer's environment against a given set of criteria spanning people, process and technology across the Air, Land, Maritime and Joint domains and associated platforms.
- Understanding and experience of the Product Engineering lifecycle and the role that security plays in this.
- Experience of delivering cyber security into complex programmes.
- Solid technical security understanding across the OSI model backed up by recognised qualifications e.g. CISSP, COMPTIA Sec+.
- Experience of assessing a diverse array of threats to a given mission/objective in collaborative team centric manner.
- Experience of documenting and presenting diverse technical assessment findings in a clear and simple format to a diverse array of stakeholders.
- Experience of and ability to manage multiple stakeholders and their needs with empathy, finding an appropriate balance of listening and speaking.
- Varied experience in the development and mentoring of junior team members.
- Demonstrable ability in deriving security requirements from functional objectives with limited knowledge of the underlying solution and customer/team direction.
- Extensive ability leading in the breaking down, at pace of large functional solutions into simpler constituent parts from a military platform perspective.
- Confident ability in communicating why a large functional system requires a given security wrapper in a way best suited to a given stakeholder.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other