Our Integrated Logistics (ILog) function manages and delivers the tools, parts and in-service support that keep vehicles and equipment well-maintained, from their first launch to the day they're retired from service. We're pleased to offer challenging and interesting careers that bring a sense of pride and purpose. By joining our team, you'll find yourself a role where your voice is heard, your impact is felt, and your contribution is recognised.
You'll also benefit from plenty of opportunities for development, access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, and a c.27% employer pension contribution. You'll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women's Inclusive Network, Race & Culture Network, Pride Network, Disability Network - and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we're pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life.
Are you a logical thinker, who possess a real passion for data, problem solving skills and the ability to analyse and interpret data?
We have an exciting opportunity for an entry level Logistics Modeller and are seeking someone wanting to start an interesting career within a fantastic organisation. This post is based at RNAS Yeovilton, but you will have opportunities to collaborate with our wider team in Abbey Wood near Bristol, and Boscombe Down.
You will be fully trained and supported in the use of a range of mathematical and statistical techniques to demonstrate different logistics options and scenarios e.g., where in the world stock should be held, balancing the whole life costs and equipment availability. Your work will support better management and operational decisions across Defence and Industry.
Due to the security requirements of this position, it is open to applications from Sole UK Nationals only.
Please note some attendance to the stated site may be required for this position.
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.
In this role, you will be entrusted to:
* Build logistics models and run 'what if' scenarios to help our customers' decision making.
* Undertake basic data manipulation and conversion.
* Support the delivery of Modelling and Analysis projects to ensure they meet agreed business requirements, cost, timescale, and quality parameters.
* Maintain an understanding of the latest software and methodologies for Modelling and Analysis to ensure DE&S apply best practice.
* Support the development of systems, processes and tools for Modelling and Analysis, to ensure continuous improvement.
* Contribute to the advice and guidance given to the business in line with agreed policies and practices.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Strong IT Literacy (e.g., MS Office 365 - Word, Excel, Access)
* Good stakeholder engagement skills, internal and external to the business, and at all levels, with the ability to adapt your communication style to the audience
* Level 3 qualification or equivalent knowledge, skills, or experience, and confident in Maths and English Language
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other