Electrical Commissioning/ Test Engineer – St Albans
3 months’ temporary to permanent
£15 p/h - £18p/h (PAYE or Umbrella)
LV Switchgear/Panel Wring/LV Wiring/Schematics
The Test Engineer will be responsible for the following.
- This role involves the electrical testing and commissioning of LV switchboards – this would include protection relays, controls and metering.
- You will be responsible for testing and demonstrating the operation of switchgear at client inspections, either in the factor or at project sites. All units get tested 3 times by this candidate before it is handed over to the client.
- Electrical test of LV Switchgear and controls panels
- Conduction Pre- FAT’s (factory acceptance tests), FAT’s (factory acceptance tests with the client present), and SAT’s (site acceptance tests – at the client premises).
- Liaise with clients and / or their representatives
- Using schematics to fault find
- Preparing test certs and all required documentation
The candidate must possess the following skills to be considered for this role:
- Experience of testing LV Switchgear
- Able to complete FAT’s, SAT’s, Commission and handover
- Client facing skills
- Can fault find on electrical components using a schematic
- Carry out mechanical assembly and tightness testing etc.
The benefits of this position:
- Competitive hourly rates.
- Immediate start
To be considered for this role please either hit the 'Apply' button on this site or email your CV directly to [email protected]
ATA Recruitment specialise in Technical and Electrical Engineering, so if this particular role is not for you, please do have a look on our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job! -
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided.
ATA is committed to creating a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet