We are currently recruiting for CAD Technicians with experience in tunnelling to work on major rail projects in London. You will be embedded within the design delivery teams, responsible for the modelling, management and coordination of CAD drawings to assure alignment with the Client's requirements.
Estimate start date:04/074/2022 - ongoing
Pay type: hourly
Outside IR35Job Introduction
This role is responsible for the preparation of drawings/ sketches and methodologies for all tunnel related scope of works in a timely manner to suit programme needs.Role Responsibility
- Working under direction the core tunnelling team to;
- Produce sketches, layouts for Tunnel services and delivery teams.
- Produce site phasing drawings.
- Produce site sketches and drawings for procurement packages.
- Provide detailed sketches and input required for document preparation e.g. RAMS or Construction Requirement Reports in coordination with Tunnel delivery teams
- Produce drawings detailing the interface between tunnel and shaft construction (ventilation openings)
- Assist in the preparation of documents e.g. Temporary works design briefs, RAMS, work procedures
- Produce sections and engineering drawings from survey data / 3D Models.
- Implement CAD standards to ensure the high quality of drawings
- Reporting to the Tunnel Engineer/ Technical Services Tunnel.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as a CAD technician for tunnelling or civil engineering work and building environment.
- Experience in other industries and disciplines will be considered
- Good understanding of construction and civil engineering methodologies and sequencing.
- Skilled in both 2D drafting and 3D modelling techniques.
- A strong work ethic and an enthusiasm to learn, develop and share knowledge.
- Not afraid to rise queries and questions and challenge assumptions.
- Proficient skills in AutoCAD, MicroStation
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other