This role is based at Mission System's Headquarters in Wimborne, Dorset. We are able to offer flexible working arrangements, remote working with attendance on site as required.
We are seeking an experienced Programme Manager with development experience, such as introducing modifications and changes, development lifecycle work.
The successful candidate will need to be experienced with the financial aspects of Programme Management.
- Responsible for leading and managing a CAT 1 program of multiple projects to deliver the agreed scope within planned quality, time and cost parameters to satisfy the specified requirements and drive for customer and stakeholder satisfaction. Motivating the whole team to deliver the business case and margins expected.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Goal orientation balancing task, team and individual needs to achieve the right outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal skills (communication, motivation, persuasion).
- Drive, enthusiasm, initiative and a willingness to develop
- Able to deal with ambiguities and uncertainties
- Good facilitator/mediator able to resolve conflict.
- Able to take corporate or 'global' view and deal with senior stakeholders
- An ability to develop project managers and increase their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Commercially and contractually aware.
- Demonstrable PPM competences based on the Cobham Program Management competence stack and the type of program being run
- Further competencies will be provided via the competency matrix, and linked to the relevant job level.
Qualifications and Experience
- Deliver program to agreed time, cost, quality and benefits parameters.
- Direct motivate and provide leadership for the project managers and broader program team.
- Organise, coordinate and direct the program activities.
- Ensure effective and open communication throughout the program team and with stakeholders.
- Lead the project managers planning efforts and resolve resource conflicts across projects
- Manage relationships with key customer personnel
- Direct the supply chain for the whole program
- Integrate the reporting for the program across all of the projects making best use of available PMO capabilities
- Integrate the outputs from the projects turning the capabilities into the required outcomes for the stakeholders
- Set up and operate the governance for the program.
- Co-operate with management to meet the employer's legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Qualified to deliver CAT 1 programs
- Degree plus at least 12 years' experience of managing projects including three throughout the full lifecycle.
- Experience of managing at least three CAT 2 and 3 programs comprising similar functions and technology, with proven delivery track record.
- Strong knowledge of the functional disciplines and supply chain that require management
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of PPM techniques
About Mission Systems Wimborne
As the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
We offer challenging and rewarding roles across a wide range of disciplines that combine to make us a true global technology and service leader.
Our ethos is rooted firmly in our history of innovation, leadership and empowerment and we take great pride in solving the big problems that others can't. If it can be done we can find a way.
We believe in operating as a team, both among ourselves and alongside our partners. And we believe in pushing our potential to its very limit.
After all, we did not get to where we are now, nor will we succeed in the future, by being unambiguous or complacent. For us, Every Mission Matters.
Role will require baseline clearance.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other