Principal Mechanical Engineer
About The Role
Our client is looking to strengthen their Engineering team with a Senior Mechanical Engineer. Based at our office in Derby with some home working, you will produce superior quality engineering design services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on all contracts.
In order to ensure the above the individual must produce mechanical design layouts taking due account of health and safety requirements, specifications and standards pertaining to the contract. Where applicable the individual must ensure that mechanical plant is procured on time and within budget
You will report directly to the Discipline Lead Engineer and the responsibilities will include:
- Produce mechanical design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively.
- Ensure that plant and equipment procured by the department is procured on time and to budget.
- Ensure that standard practices are utilised wherever possible.
- Monitor design costs and provide design services appropriate to the allowance available.
- Produce monthly reports.
- Produce estimates and feedback for Proposals department.
- Assist with updating procedures and processes
- Co-ordinate designs with all other disciplines internal and external to our client to ensure that all design elements are fully integrated.
- Maintain files and records throughout the duration of contracts.
- Provide services which focus on customer satisfaction.
- Recognise that satisfying the customer is the key to achieving other objectives, and that customers include everyone receiving benefit from our processes, whether end users or other departments within the company.
- Ensure that design takes full regard of all health and safety requirements.
- Reduce waste to a minimum from all activities.
- Ensure that designs take account of environmental issues.
What our client offers
Packages include -
- A competitive salary
- Hybrid Working
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance
- And many more benefits including - cycle to work scheme, discounts and savings Hub, kids pass etc
About The Candidate
- Have a knowledge of the principles of water and sewage treatment
- Minimum:- HNC Mechanical Engineering with appropriate experience
- Ability to rationalise designs and produce economic plant layouts
- General knowledge of all aspects of water treatment, e.g. civil engineering, process engineering, electrical engineering and project management
- Ability to understand technical proposals.
- Knowledge of Projectwise
- Computer literacy
- Driving license
- Mechanical engineering degree
- Chartered Engineer / working towards Chartership.
- Flexible approach to working location
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other