About The Role
Our client is looking to strengthen their commercial team with a Quantity Surveyor for their joint venture framework. Based in the Stepps office you will take responsibility for the execution of allocated contract/s from tender through to final account, within limits defined by the Commercial Manager.
You will report directly to the Commercial Manager and the responsibilities will include:
- Developing the commercial plan to manage risk and drive profitability
- Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts.
- Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
- Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes.
- Development and submission of claims for delay and disruption and loss and/or expense.
- Procurement of non-domestic subcontractors and assisting Buying Department in procurement of domestic sub-contractors.
- Various financial report
What our client offers
- A competitive salary
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance
And many more benefits including - cycle to work scheme, discounts and savings Hub, kids pass etc
About The Candidate
- Relevant degree/qualification
- Experience within construction (preferably water treatment) - ideally
- Familiarity with NEC forms of contract
- Extensive experience in commercial management and procurement of subcontractors
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other