Senior Quantity Surveyor
About the client
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. We promote an open and transparent culture and a workplace where everyone feels included and is treated fairly and with respect.
We are committed to providing a flexible and agile working environment that supports both our employees and the needs of the business.
We have fantastic opportunities for Quantity Surveyors to join our Commercial team across the Yorkshire region. These roles play a vital part in the overall success of our busy framework with the Environment Agency and you will be joining an established team with a strong reputation in the UK Civil Engineering industry.
- Lead on commercial deliverables throughout the lifecycle of projects
- Contract administration and manage change through the contract (NEC based)
- Ensure cost control is monitored and maintained throughout all functions (design, procurement and delivery)
- Provide support and mentoring to graduate, assistant and placement QS'
- Prepare subcontract tender packages, carry out comparisons and place relevant orders
- Management, payment and final account of subcontract packages
- Support the tendering process for allocated and negotiated framework contracts
- Provide monthly cost & value forecasts, internally and externally our clients
- Compile applications for payment and close out blockers to maintaining healthy cash flow
- Support the Commercial Manager in respect of wider issues
- Formal QS Qualification (HND or BSc) - preferred but not essential
- Worked closely with design and operations within one project team structure
- Experience in a similar role from a civils or M&E background
- Good level of QS experience
- Flexibility to travel when required
- Knowledge of NEC construction & engineering contracts
- Experience in the tender and target cost setting process and the review of such documents
- Strong IT skills with experience of excel and MS Office
- Full clean UK driving licence
- A can-do attitude and enthusiasm to get the job done!
What can we offer:
With our client you will be offered a competitive salary which is commensurate based on your experience. Our core benefits include:
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays with the option to buy and carry over
- Flexible pension contributions up to 5% employee 10% employer
- Life assurance of 4 x salary
- Income protection
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan
- Car benefit (subject to role)
- Annual professional institution subscription costs
- Career and professional development opportunities
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other