Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
The company are an award winning business, with most recently receiving accreditation for two Gold awards with Investors in People. The awards are "We invest in people" and "We invest in wellbeing". These awards are a true testament to the organisation the supportive culture within the company.
This is a role will be joining the team who have a track-record of developing and proving new capability in RF including conventional and novel techniques.
We are looking for someone to join a multidisciplinary team which engages across many areas of design in both research and mainstream project work. We're looking for someone who brings a technical background in RF.
The company often train people into the role who bring a positive attitude and the right technical strengths.
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to join an award winning business, who really care about their people!
- Interesting and exciting work, giving you the opportunity to work on some truly innovative and world-class technology
- Frequent opportunities to showcase yourself and your work at the highest level both inside and outside the company
- Excellent training opportunities in a broad range of relevant subjects; achieved through formal training courses and/or on-the-job training
- Opportunities to work across the team, to gain experience of new areas (technical, project management, systems engineering, trials) and new skills.
- A degree in physical sciences, electronics or communications engineering, or similar.
- Ideally you have prior experience in the areas of RF design, familiarity with radar, or antenna design; although we will consider anyone able to show an academic foundation that serves as a good basis for developing in these areas.
- Any hands-on practical / laboratory skills would be a bonus; there are opportunities to assist or lead on RF characterisation measurements in our test facility.
- Proven delivery of technical work packages and projects with successful technical work delivered both individually and as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, highly familiar with Office software; able to understand and communicate complex subject matter to both experienced personnel and those less familiar.
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
- Experience in EM and/or RM modelling,
- Familiarity with Radar Cross Section (RCS) design and techniques.
- You would ideally have familiarity with at least one of the well-known computer simulation tools often used for electromagnetic modelling; for example, CST MWS, COMSOL, FEKO, Matlab. But we can offer training if needed.
- As a bonus, experience in leading or undertaking Systems Engineering studies would be advantageous.
For full information, please get in touch!
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other