Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance *minimum 5 years UK residency*
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
The company have a number of awards, most recently been named as an Award winner (Gold Award) in MoD Defence Employer Recognition Scheme!
"Great company with wide and varied opportunities, lots of interesting projects and very talented people to learn from and grow from" Dec 2021 *Glassdoor review
"Dynamic, Agile company with good career opportunities" July 2021 *Glassdoor review
The company are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join the team who are a leading global specialist in the design, development, supply and support of advanced mobile and flyaway satellite and microwave equipment for secure government, military and commercial broadcast communications. The company's solutions are specially designed to operate in the harshest environments, ensuring that users have continuous access to reliable communications regardless of the operating environment.
- Responsible for systems engineering lifecycle including the management of Requirements Capture, Management, Validation and Verification.
- Provide system engineering management, ensuring the delivery of Project and Programme technical requirements.
- Responsible for supporting the derivation of subcontractor SOWs.
- Develop system architecture and system design documentation.
- Provide guidance and resolution on technical issues that challenge Programme & Project delivery.
- Analyse customer requirements, concepts of operations and high level system architecture to develop system requirements specifications
- Provide System Test documentation to support product verification
- Review and provide input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP)
- Participate in and facilitate design reviews (e.g. PDR, CDR, TRR)
- Development of concepts to aid future sales opportunities.
- Supporting Marketing activities such as demo and trials, presenting concepts to both internal and external audiences as required.
- Provide support to the Marketing and Sales teams as to inform bid pricing.
- Provide technical assistance for vendor and product evaluations.
- Drive change where necessary to meet the strategic objectives of the business.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Proven experience in RF communication systems engineering and design.
- Sound working knowledge of Communications Networks
- Good understanding of data Interfaces
- Demonstrate sound Configuration Management skills
- Basics of TCP/IP Protocol Suits & OSI Model (IP, SRP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, TFTP)
- IP addressing and subnetting
- Switches and Routers
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
- Satellite communications knowledge (Desirable)
- Experience of working with Government customers (Desirable)
- Cross disciplinary knowledge; Mechanical, Analogue, Digital, RF Electronics and Software (Desirable)
- Proficient in the use of Requirement capture tools (Desirable)
For full information, please get in touch!
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other