Overseeing the work of contractors, you will ensure they meet your high standards and that all elements of the project are meeting appropriate regulations and health and safety standards. You will also take charge of a programme of maintenance programmes throughout the year and conduct surveys and site inspections, applying your knowledge of the latest developments in the field of engineering.
- Qualifications including an HNC or NHD in Engineering, a recognised degree in a relevant discipline and professional membership of an engineering institution.
- Experience of overseeing responsive maintenance plans and of delivering projects that are in line with Construction Design and Management 2015 regulations.
- Experience in the design of engineering works including identification of technical options.
- Knowledge of current street scene and transport infrastructure issues in the UK and London and an understanding of how these will impact on the Council.
- Evidence of continuous professional development and outstanding knowledge of all relevant regulations and standards including NRWSA, HAUC and Health and Safety.
- Good IT skills including an intermediate level of bespoke design and engineering related software.
- The ability to develop and mentor junior members of staff.
- Solid verbal, written and numerical skills.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other