Working with a global technology business that delivers propulsion and intelligent solutions for customers in the automotive, aerospace, motorsport, and marine sectors. We pioneered wind tunnel instrumentation and data analysis and continue to innovate to deliver best in class products for some of the biggest race series around the world, including Formula One, and for major OEMs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated Software Engineer to join our wind tunnel applications team and help us develop Diablo, our flagship control and data acquisition system, used by leading Formula One teams. If you're passionate about writing great code, love working in a team, want to shape the software you build and see it driving performance and efficiency on the track and on the road, we want to hear from you.
You'll be involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle; from design and prototyping, through planning and implementation, to testing, deployment and maintenance. We can offer a clear career path, job security, interesting projects and applications, and a friendly team-oriented environment. We also support hybrid working; if preferred you'll only need to come into the office for activities that can't be done remotely.
The wind tunnel team write applications in C# using Winforms, and in C++ using MFC.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented developer to work on a on wide range of software from low level hardware control to front end development and databases and make a real impact on the most exciting applications.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES:
- BA/BSc degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrable industry experience delivering quality software for Windows written in C# .NET and/or C++.
- Excellent skills using C#/C++ and object-oriented programming.
- Experience with communications over Ethernet (UDP and TCP/IP).
- You enjoy tackling complex problems and strive for simplicity in your solutions.
- You value clean, readable code and have a keen eye for detail.
- You thrive in collaborative team environments and are enthusiastic about delivering great products.
- You take ownership of product delivery and customer satisfaction.
- You enjoy mentoring and supporting your teammates, and encourage open communication.
- You help ensure high standards through code reviews and automated tests.
- You are passionate about learning and utilizing new technologies.
- Good knowledge of SQL databases.
- In-depth knowledge of asynchronous and multi-threaded programming.
- Experience working within an agile development team.
- Familiarity with embedded control and DAQ systems.
- Data acquisition and analysis.
- EtherCAT networks and devices, TwinCAT automation, CAN communications.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other