The job of an Operations Technician / Fuel Operator includes a diverse range of tasks and responsibilities including but not limited to:
* Tank water draw offs / product sampling
* Tank dipping / tank roof drains
* Tank bund draining / jet washing loading bays and bay filters
* Changing bay filters / skimming of the site interceptor
* Visual tank and bund inspections / fire extinguisher checks
* Winterisation - gritting of paths / safety showers tests
* Monthly building water temperature tests / fire pump checks
* Shipping duties including off-loading fuel
* Basic mechanical maintenance e.g. assisting fitters with maintenance or process drain downs
* Basic admin task (update seal logs, water draw off log, contamination check sheet)
The key skills and attributes we are looking for include initiative, drive, energy and determination to work outdoors as part of a team providing support to storage terminal staff. This is a physically active hands-on role involving many manual tasks and the job will include some working at height. Full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of working safely and working to standard working practices. Candidates must have good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills and you must be competent in the use of standard desktop systems, e.g. Word and Outlook.
Candidates must live with 45 minutes commute of the terminal and must have a driving licence to be able to drive vehicles on site.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other