Category Manager based in Watford and the rate is £25.37 ph
This is a full time temporary contract role working from home.
Employer Reference: 5208927
This role will involve:
- Manage and maintain responsibility for the professional or technical category portfolio, including prioritising spend activity, identifying cost savings, tendering and managing complete supplier and product / service life cycles.
- Produce sourcing strategies informed with data request, sending invitations to tender and drafting robust contract agreements to influence the decision making process in line with procurement objectives.
- Provide procurement advice and guidance on all contracts within the portfolio and to research, plan and conceptualise procurement options that encourage continuous improvement and deliver value for money.
- Negotiate appropriate commercial and contractual arrangements with suppliers and for all products and services within spend control, including managing category supply base to ensure delivery against legal and commercial requirements, as well as exposure to and understanding of legal frameworks / contracts.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
If you are interested in the role please apply on our website with your CV, alternatively you can email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services