Working for a business with over 65 years experience in the design and manufacturing of high voltage solutions for high calibre applications coupled with a generous company benefits package, your role will focus on the engineering development, introduction to manufacture and sustaining of products for high voltage, low partial discharge applications. The role would suit someone with exposure of power electronics.
As a Design Engineer your duties will include:
- Developing requirements & test specifications working with Sales & Client
- Developing HVDC & HVAC cable assemblies & circuits
- Designing calculations
- Component & materials selection / specification
- Providing advice and support as require
- Attending and support customer meeting
The successful Design Engineer will have the below qualifications and experience:
- Engineering or relevant science qualification (HND / Degree) e.g. Physics, Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Full life cycle experience in developing and supporting HV electrical / electronic solutions :
- Requirements capture & analysis
- Design & test / prove
- Introduction to manufacture
- Materials selection (e.g. assessing dielectric, thermal, outgassing properties)
- Used to working in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment.
- Good IT skills (MS-Office suite, manufacturing databases, engineering applications).
If you are interested in this opportunity please click 'apply' or contact Orion Reading today, thank you.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Electronics