Senior Project Manager - Wimbledon
Who you are
Working in a team environment, the Senior Project Manager within our vertical Service Delivery division will be responsible for leading the customer engagement to ensure that it meets all scope, time, budget and quality expectations, through planning, controlling and managing projects. The Senior Project Manager will lead and support the project team and coach other Project Managers and Project Coordinators as team lead unless team is already led by a Customer Engagement Lead. (The project team may consist of i.e. Architects, Technical Consultants, analysts, SAM specialists etc.) In addition, responsible for managing corporate, customer and third party vendor efforts to plan and implement our solutions.
The Senior Project Manager has a 85% chargeability objective (75% external projects and 10% on internal projects) 5% on coaching and leading other team members, 5% supporting sales in pre-sales activities and the remaining 5% is to be spend on training and personal development in role and within the company.
Where does PMO Services fit?
The Project Management Office is the overarching governance body that supports the three centrally led Vertical teams (Technology Services, Software Asset Management and Software Procurement Services) which operates globally through locally funded and managed resources. The Senior Project sits within the local Services team structure and has a dotted line to the Global PMO Team lead by the Global Service Delivery Manager.
What you’d contribute
- Will work with Vertical Project Managers in project risk management and delivery of projects
- Track and manage project activities like: Schedule Management, Cost Management, Risk & Issues Management, Meeting Management & Change Management
- Work with Business team on pre-sales activities and getting the scope finalized as required
- Promoting PMO services to Business leads/Account Management leads when required
- Participate in up-selling and presales activities with sales
- Develop and maintain project management best practices
- Support project reporting activities
What you’d be responsible for
- Responsible for managing assigned customer project
- Meets or exceeds approved budgets by providing reliable financial forecasts to Management and update management on project progress
- Identifies and develops new opportunities within current project supporting early qualification and opportunity assessment
- Opportunity manager for medium and large risk deals
- Mentor others and assist them with their professional development
- Serve as the face of customer for the organisation
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
What you’d require from a competence level
- Average Experience of +7 years in project management or PMI/Prince 2 Practitioner certification required. (If certification is not held, the candidate should qualify for the certification requirements and complete the certification by 1st year of employment.)
- Experience preferably from a Systems Integrator or a large service organization. Has the ability to manage internal as well as external resources with a team size <12 people, implementing complex IT solutions
- Accountable for managing multiple engagements or work streams with a value <$1M USD
- Responsible for directly managing 5-7 projects in either SAM/SPS/TS through Project Managers/SDMs.
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Managed a multi-site delivery including a Global Delivery Center Network (Best Shore)
- Managed Senior Manager expectations to program/business case and resolves conflicts in large organizations
- Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project)
- Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project
- Excellent presentation skills as you will be required to present to customers
- Demonstrated experience and expertise selling solutions to business decision-makers by reinforcing the value of the organisations Services to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities
- Solid problem solving skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong business acumen
- Experience and desire to work in a technology consulting environment that may require travel