Number 1 Web Offset Printer
My client, based in Telford, are printed media specialists – they’re pioneers within the magazine industry. They’re on the lookout for an experienced Number 1 Printer to run their 16 page web offset press equipment.
The company have a fantastic reputation for developing staff and promoting from within. Many staff members have completed professional qualifications in the form of work related NVQ’s over the past year, with many senior members within the business having been with the company for several years and working their way up within the company.
The shift pattern for this role consists of an average of 3 shifts per week (36 hours a week, 3 x 12 hour shifts) – this would include weekends should your shifts fall this way. You’ll be expected to do both days and nights (7-7).
- Using Roland and/or Komori 16 page web offset press equipment on a daily basis
- To maintain, control and adjust equipment to ensure optimal performance
- To provide support on a day-to-day basis to the Machine Assistants so they can carry out their designated duties in a timely and accurate way
- Apply working machinery knowledge to ensure faults and identified and resolved quickly with minimum downtime
- Ensuring both quality and speed of work is maintained throughout
- Ensure that jobs are completed in a timely manner to meet the dispatch deadline
- Assisting with machine fixes and new parts as and when required
- Keeping machines and operating areas clean and tidy throughout the day
- Any other duties deemed within your skill set
- Working knowledge of Komori or Roland 16 page web offset presses
- Strong work ethic
- Flexible attitude towards work
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent eye for detail
Salary & Benefits:
The salary for this position is a generous £38,000 (inclusive of shift allowance) plus some great benefits including an enhanced rate for overtime of 1.4x base salary (more for Sundays), access to a private staff canteen serving hot and cold food, generous holiday allowance, private pension, access to a company healthcare scheme, the opportunity to advance your career with fully funded professional qualifications, and more.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing