- Looking for someone with an equally good grasp of both UX and digital design
- 2 years' experience minimum using Sketch
- Experience of designing product that handle a lot of web traffic is a must
- Producing stunning UI designs for client and internal projects.
- Producing eye-catching work for new business proposals and pitches.
- Taking part in client meetings/workshops and advising on design best practices.
- Helping to maintain and grow the brand.
- You will work closely with the Design Director and will have regular design reviews and meetings to come up with creative solutions for different products.
- Following our design process you will sketch out solutions to complex problems, storyboard user journeys, producing ideas and concepts, produce high fidelity wireframes and prototype and/or test visual designs, depending on the scope of the project.
- You will work closely with a dedicated team from different departments to ensure the final product is delivered to a high standard and to agreed timescales.
- You will also carry out a full handover of final, signed-off designs to the development team and carry out regular design reviews with them to make sure the final product is pixel perfect and to the highest quality.
- Ability to work to client’s brand guidelines and create a new brand from scratch and everything in between.
- Taking part in a 5 day intense design sprint alongside our team members and clients and being able to deliver a semi-functional prototype, accompanied with a summarised document within that timeframe.
What we expect
- You will have excellent attention to detail and we want you to thoroughly test and review your work prior to it being handed over to the development team for build.
- We expect you to stress test and thoroughly evaluate your work prior to it being presented in a design review and/or handed over to the development team.
- You will be able to effectively communicate with different team members across the company.
- You will ensure the designs match the fully documented set of requirements.
- You must also be willing to learn industry standards, best practices and what customers expect.
- You will produce stunning UI designs that are of the highest quality and set the bar in terms of creativity and innovation.
- All your work must be organised and easily accessible by other team members (including Photoshop and Sketch layers) This is of the highest importance during the project as all final designs have to be fit for development.
- Being able to take on board constructive feedback and producing an improved solution is a must.
You will sit within the Design team and report to Jade Daniels, Design Director.
The skills you should have
- All of our designs are built within Sketch so we’re looking for someone with at least 2 years experience using this tool and someone who can confidently use features such as creating nested symbols, using different plug-ins, adhering to colour palettes and style guides and naming layers and groups with correct terminology.
- Experience with using the Adobe CC Suite is also needed. The main tools we use are Photoshop and Illustrator so being able to use these also is a must in case any visual non-UI work needs creating, such as icons, banners etc.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in responsive web design and UX design (including research, wireframing and prototyping)
- Mobile app design experience e.g. iOS, Android etc. is desirable.
- Previous experience designing products that handle lots of data is a must.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary throughout this role.
- Good technical understanding with the ability to pick up new tools quickly.
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with developers, project managers, testers etc. Communication is key to delivering the best products.
- A good understanding of front-end web development (HTML & CSS). This is so we can produce designs that developers can easily use and understand when implementing our designs.
- Previous experience with analysing data and carrying out user testing across different mediums is desirable.
- To proceed to our interview process you must have an exceptional portfolio of previous design work that covers all of the above.
Who we're looking for...
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- Someone who is adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- Enjoys keeping up to date with advances in web/mobile technologies and how they can be applied to projects
- Someone with a keen eye for detail
- Hard working and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Someone willing to go above and beyond to client expectations and deadlines
The good stuff...
- Competitive salary
- Employee of the month
- Referral bonus
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Brand new state of the art office space with a cosy breakout area and Wii U and PS4 consoles
- Regular social events
- Monthly team lunches
Sketch, Adobe CC suit, need someone equally strong on the UX and UI side.