James Adams is currently looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer specialising in SQL Server. This is a contract running through to the end of the year inside IR35 working fully remote.
What you'll be doing in the role:
- Translating business problems and data related requirements into solution options, providing the conduit between the IT development teams and the business
- Ensure that data is delivered daily to the business, supporting incident resolution when required
- Designing, developing and implementing new and optimal data system/solutions, to meet business requirements (Creation of ingestion pipelines, data integration support etc)
- Maintaining and improving the performance of existing data systems/solution, ensuring they are safe and reliable for the business
What the ideal candidate will have:
- You will have a strong background in SQL Server-based development. This will include a high level of competence in creating stored procedures and integration service packages to build robust data pipelines.
- You will have experience in building reporting services BI reports for the business to consume data from.
- You will have strong Data Warehousing knowledge and understanding of the challenges of blending data to create single versions of truth and have the ability to optimise SQL code to improve query performance.
- Experience with AWS is desirable but not essential
- Architecture experience is desirable but not essential
Please send your CV now to apply!
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet