ROLE: GLUING OPERATOR
Location: Clayton Le Woods, Lancashire
Salary: £23K-£27.5K depending on experience + lots of overtime opportunities
Purpose of the Job
Setting up and efficient running of the gluing machinery within the company’s operations.
- Ensure the smooth running of the gluing machines producing high quality cartons
- Make ready and run machines
- Install feeder bars and adjust guide assembly and folding mechanism according to carton dimensions and work order specifications, using hand tools.
- Fill glue reservoir, load feed mechanism with carton blanks
- Follow instructions given on the works job docket regarding run speeds and special instructions.
- Carry out quality checks at pre-determined intervals throughout the running of the job.
- Instruct gluing assistants as to what they should be doing i.e. packaging and inspection requirements.
- Have good working relationships with all individuals and departments
- Ensure that the machine is kept clean and tidy at all times and that maintenance programmes are followed and documented.
- Report any faults immediately to the Production Manager.
- Ability to deal with and speak to engineers directly, depending on the nature of the fault.
- Carry out regular stock checks of consumables and spare parts, informing the relevant people when they require reordering sufficiently in advance to avoid shortages.
- As a member of small team you will be expected to cover for absenteeism and holidays and will perform any other duties as and when required.
- Have a degree of personal flexibility as you may be expected, from time to time, to assist other departments when work goes quiet.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for, health and safety, hygiene and quality standards, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
Skills / Behaviours / Qualifications
- Previous experience and a thorough understanding of the print/packaging industries and related businesses.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work on projects of diverse scope
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritise, organize and follow through
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Professional and confidential manner at all times
- Demonstrated integrity towards colleagues and customers
- Enthusiastic and open to change
- Team worker with good people skills
- Disciplined approach to achieving objectives and targets
If you have the relevant Cut and Crease Operator experience for this role, please get in touch with your up to date CV.
Cut and Crease Operator, Cut and Crease, Print Finishing, Finishing Operator, Finishing Operative, Packaging, Print
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Media, New Media, Creative