Exciting opportunity for a BOM Engineer (Bill of Materials) to join a growing but extremely busy electronics organisation. Reporting to the Production Engineering Manager, the BOM Engineer will be responsible for assisting in the creating, validating, maintaining and managing Bill of Materials (BOM) in an accurate, timely manner in order support the parts release to the Project, Purchasing and Manufacturing Teams.
Responsibilities of the BOM Engineer:
- Raising internal part numbers with accurate MPN (Manufactures Part Number) information, responsible for the addition of alternative MPN’s whilst maintaining current part numbers/MPN’s for accuracy/obsolescence.
- Raising internal BoM’s (Bill of Materials) against customer supplied part information whilst ensuring all parts contained in the manufacturing BoM are correctly set up and structured in the MRP (Material Resource Planning) system as per company procedures.
- Work with the relevant project teams to ensure that the BOM accurately reflects what is required for manufacturing.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed accurately.
- Contribute to continuously improve BOM management and maintenance.
- To assist with ECO’s (Engineering Change Orders), Concessions and alternative part approval documentation.
- To assist all departmental teams with BoM related queries.
- Carry out other duties that may reasonably be requested of you within the Engineering Department.
- Behaving in accordance with the company procedures, processes, handbook, values, Health and Safety, CoSHH and ESD
Experience/Qualifications of the BOM Engineer:
- Technical knowledge of electronic component parts and associated MPN’s (Manufactures Part Numbers) a necessity.
- Ability to assess and suggest alternative parts.
- Computer literate with good understanding of MS Office, in particular Excel.
- Attention to detail a crucial requirement.
- Knowledge of production assembly equipment and processes desirable.
- HNC in Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience desirable but not a necessity.
- Problem solving skills.
- Outstanding organisation skills and prioritising.
- Self-motivated, with a willingness to learn, listen and be an effective communicator.
- Understanding of MRP and ERP databases.
- Consideration of commercial implications.
- Understanding of component traceability.
- Understanding of Quality management systems, processes, procedures and policies
- Next Step thinking
If you’re interested in the BOM Engineer role click apply now
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
HND/HNC or equivalent