MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN (DAYS) WANTED!
Working Hours: Permanent, full time, working 40 hours/week
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 per annum, plus £2,000 annual retention bonus
Excellent Company benefits including Contributory Pension!
As a leading Facilities Management company, G4S FM improves the lives of millions of people across the UK and Ireland by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments. We support the efficient delivery of front line services in critical environments for the private sector, national and local government agencies.
At G4S FM our expertise in sectors such as defence, courts and hospitals is second to none. Our success is underpinned by the way we attract, develop and engage with our people, as well as the culture and values that shape the way we work and how our colleagues carry out their roles. Our values are integral to everything we do. We act with integrity and respect. We are passionate about safety, security and service excellence and we achieve this through innovation and teamwork. We are a sustainable, ethical business and this is key to the ongoing success of G4S FM.
We have an opportunity for a Mechanical Technician to join our team based in Cheltenham. This is a full time position working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
As a Mechanical Technician, you will carry out inspection and testing on items of ancillary plant and assets and work to deliver planned and reactive maintenance, responding as necessary to all incidents as directed to minimise business disruption and operational down time.
You will be responsible for all reactive & preventative maintenance across a variety of critical equipment including boilers, heat exchangers, conveyors, pumps, gearboxes and associated plant, as well as attending all planned & unplanned work across a multi-disciplined arena to ensure that all assets are maintained in line with KPI’s, SLA’s and best practice methodologies.
You will have demonstrable experience with installing, assembling fabricating, maintaining and repairs to mechanical piping systems. You will be required to service, test, diagnose and repair process control systems and automatic control devices related to the building services plant and equipment. This includes the ability to liaise / assist with other services as necessary for the efficient delivery of work activities, workmanship and productivity to comply with the performance standard.
You will also be responsible for responding to defects, faults and client requests, and work with others to identify root causes to prevent reoccurrence. You will be required to oversee contractors, ensuring their work is satisfactorily completed. You will also be responsible for maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CAFM system and responding as necessary to all incidents as directed to minimise business disruption and operational downtime.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
To be successful for this role, you will be mechanically trained with experience in a commercial or industrial FM service delivery environment. You will ensure all planned maintenance tasks are completed within the designated time period to enable full compliance. You will also contribute to the EHS culture to create a healthy and risk-free working environment.
- Recognised relevant qualifications, for example City & Guilds or NVQ in a Mechanical related discipline,
- Recognised Safety qualification
- Experience in working in a commercial or industrial FM service delivery environment.
- BSC level 1.
- IT literate.
- Confined space experience.
- Salary of £26,000 to £30,000 depending on experience.
- Annual retention bonus of £2,000 (pro-rata for part time employees), subject to maintaining Clearance requirements.
- 33 days holiday per year, including Bank Holidays, plus 2.5 Privilege days per year.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions.
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme.
- Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users.
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving.
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics ).
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.
Please be aware that due to the nature of the business security clearance to a high government level will be required.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
£2,000 annual retention bonus
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities