Established almost 20 years ago, my client is a family run signage company based in Glasgow, Lanarkshire. Due to growth and company expansion, they’re currently seeking an experienced sign maker to work within their busy print and signage production department.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has pre-acquired industry related skills with practical knowledge and understanding of the manufacturing techniques required within the signage industry. You will be responsible for the full cycle of signage production, including setting up pre-press files, usage of large format printers (knowledge of HP Latex printers is a huge advantage) and associated sign making equipment in order to create a high quality finished product.
- Undertaking all aspects of signage production using a variety of equipment including use of vinyl plotters, laminators, circular and band saws and hand tools.
- Usage of pre-press software such as Illustrator and RIP software.
- Usage of large format HP print equipment.
- Ensure materials are ready for graphic application.
- Application of vinyl to a variety of substrates.
- Quality checking the final product
- Working to pre-determined client requirements in a timely and efficient manner
- Has practical, hands on knowledge and experience of large format print and signage production.
- Committed to their own learning and development.
- Has a keen eye for detail.
- Has excellent time management skills and can prioritise workloads based around a clients expectations.
- Has working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft applications
- Thrives in a fast paced environment.
Salary & Benefits
Competitive salary of upwards of £28,000 (depending on experience) on offer for this position, plus access to a company pension scheme, 28 days holidays and more.
The working hours for this role are 42 hours per week – 7.30am-5pm Monday to Friday, with a 1 hour lunch break.
This role is an urgent requirement, please forward your application through this advert for immediate consideration.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing
Secondary School or equivalent