A great opportunity to join an award-winning Conference & Events Agency with a remarkable client base.
As Event Manager you will manage your own UK events with up to 20 suppliers and 20 event managers.
You will ensure outstanding operational excellence whist achieving margin percentage set for each event whilst consistently live and breathe our values ensuring they are at the heart of all business relationships and decisions.
- Graduate from university or 2 years’ experience in a client / agency in the events division
- Previous experience in managing and successfully completing your own events from brief to post event with onsite experience
- Experience of managing events with a budget of £250,000
- Compiling & presenting proposals to clients.
- Managing bookings from initial enquiry, budgeting, creating proposal, presenting and accounting.
- Conceiving innovative and creative events.
- Presenting plans and proposals to clients.
- Individual event budget management.
- Adhoc on supporting events on-site to offer full event management (includes regular time away from home and overnight stays)
- Attending trade events etc. to promote the company.
- Liaising with suppliers and DMC’s.
- Invoicing and general administration.
- To attend a minimum of two client events per year. This will probably be out of office hours. They are fun and give you an opportunity to meet your clients and gain product knowledge by seeing and experiencing new venues.
- To attend 4 KIT days a year (Keeping in touch days with our clients)
Skills & Qualifications
- Understanding of groups and events (operational and financial)
- Creating innovative tailor-made events
- Negotiating skills
- Supplier knowledge
- Venue & destination knowledge – worldwide
- PC literacy including Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet targets.
Work Hours and Benefits
- Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm. Please note this role requires travel which may incorporate an earlier start or a later finish.
- 20 Days holiday rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service
- Company laptop
- Company mobile phone
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other