Our client is looking for a Fleet Performance Engineer Contractor to work within its established rolling stock engineering team to investigate and improve fleet availability and reliability of its Diesel Multiple Units.
Our client plays a vital role in providing a reliable and friendly train service that helps hundreds of thousands of people. That's over 2,000 services every day, traveling to over 500 destinations.
Building a different kind of workplace! One that values individuality and celebrates differences. Somewhere you can work together, have fun, and do whatever it takes to make their customers’ lives easier. A place that encourages everyone to learn, grow and develop so you can all be your best every single day.
About the role:
As a Fleet Performance Engineer, you will identify, monitor, and report on all aspects of fleet performance for all DMU Fleets operated, identifying and investigating trends.
You will drive continual improvement in the reliability, and customer satisfaction of vehicles entering service from engineering maintenance facilities by means of investigation, statistical analysis and technical audit. The Fleet Performance Engineer, you will work closely with the depot teams to identify and to pinpoint the root causes of technical delays and support with the identification of containment and countermeasures.
The Fleet Performance Engineer will also be required to highlight areas of weakness and opportunities for improvement, recommending actions.
The Fleet Performance Engineer will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in general rolling stock, knowledge of planned maintenance processes and repair of rail vehicle systems within DMU fleets.
- Minimum HND/HNC in an engineering discipline.
- Excellent managerial skills
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) to engage with colleagues; working at all levels within the organisation.
- Proven analytical problem solving and investigation skills, with the ability to establish root cause and identify appropriate corrective action.
- Good planning and organising skills.
- Excellent computing skills with an understanding of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and the ability to use Microsoft Office computer applications.
To find out more or to show your interest, email your CV to the Orion Rail Team.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing