Software Developer – up to £40k
- Are you a Software Developer?
- Are you skilled in the like of .net, Android, IoS, and Xamarin programming?
- Do you have excellent communication and project management skills?
If so, we need you now! This role requires the design, development and implementation of applications which provide solutions to business problems. You will be expected to undertake such duties as: consulting with clients about their business requirements, building applications to client specifications, and customising current applications in line with changing business needs, reporting specifics of an application, evaluating the performance of an application and testing / implementing all software solutions.
Flexibility is essential, as is the ability to adapt with the client’s changing needs. You will need to work well under pressure, and display evidence of excellent problem solving and organisational skills.
- Experience building server-side web applications
- Knowledge of .Net development frameworks
- Communication skills, to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working on technical projects within a team
- Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as subversion or git
- System administration and configuration management skills
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites
- Understanding of the use of Responsive Web Design
- Experience of designing and maintaining public HTTP APIs
- Experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage
- Highly desirable experience in Xamerian
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
- Ability to develop software in C#
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL Server
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (MVC, ASP.NET)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Mastery in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
- BSc in Computer Science or Engineering (desired)
- Knowledge of product management concepts and how enterprise software products are positioned and developed
- Knowledge of testing types (unit testing, integration testing, functional testing, system testing, regression testing, acceptance testing, load testing, penetration testing)
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems
If this sounds like the type of role you would like to apply for and take your career to a new level, then contact Charlene at PLR on 0161 804 2015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org