Technical Writer (business processes, procedures and systems) required by my great Engineering/Aviation client in London.
You would be joining my client’s new information management team and will lead on all matters regarding software user guide, Company policy, procedures and plans generation, validation, maintenance and publishing, reporting effectively to the Line Manager SME.
You’ll be required to actively learn the client software applications to user level and together with the Line Manager will identify all operating processes to be documented as well as organise, manage and conduct validation (as necessary) of new or updated software user guides, Company policies, procedures and plans and publish to all users.
You’ll assist, train and advise all employees on the use of company forms and templates and will manage all associated documentation, applying data configuration control and archiving techniques, in the agreed storage systems, document management system or shared drive as well as documenting and maintaining the requirements of template specifications to ensure life-cycle management and support (by others).
You’ll be rewarded with a very friendly and great and highly collaborative team environment that feels more like a family, competitive salary, 36 hours per week including half day Friday.
- Extensive Technical Writing experience with a strong focus on creating business processes, procedures and systems documentation
- Attention to Detail focused – thorough, accurate and concern for all the areas involved.
- Drive to achieve results - sets own standards, checks own work, and demonstrates a positive approach.
- Works on own initiative with the minimum of supervision and be comfortable liaising and interacting effectively at all levels within the business.
- Judgement and decision making - evaluates key decision making criteria.
- Planning and organising - organises work of self.
- Analysis and problem solving - sees range of options, deciphers and reacts positively.
- Working collaboratively - actively contributes to achieve organisational objectives.
- Professional/Technical Expertise - uses technical and professional knowledge, skills and judgment effectively.
- Change - responds positively to change.
- Continuous Improvement Orientation - looks for incremental improvements in work processes and results.
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite experience and creative skills
- Innovation & creativity - generates concepts, and valuable ideas for discussion.
- Highly motivated with great organisation and communication skills.
- A proactive team player who can inspire others.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Knowledge of branding would be an advantage as would evidence of producing advertising media based on their own graphic design experience in generating documents that engage with end users
All candidates must be eligible to live and work within the UK without requiring sponsorship.