Dev Ops Engineer - Mid to Senior Level
Be part of something dynamic and join our client as a Dev Ops Engineer for the Top Employer in the UK. Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world!
Our client is growing their digital team of agile service design specialists to build and deliver user centered services and solutions in partnership with their clients across England. We need Dev Ops Engineers at all levels, with a keen eye for the latest technological trends and open source technologies to help them build their digital hubs across England and South Wales.
You will be a talented member with a keen eye for the latest technological trends and open source technologies, to join their agile team and to help them build their greatest digital hubs in Luton, Bristol, London, Reading, Birmingham and Cardiff.
You must already hold, or be eligible to hold, an appropriate level of UK Security Clearance to be considered for the role
As a Dev Ops Engineer your work will include a multitude of interesting projects, learning modern tooling and techniques to facilitate cutting-edge products on a variety of cloud and bare-metal platforms and collaborating with senior members. As a senior engineer, you will get the opportunity to contribute towards process and technology choices that help deliver the best solutions for their clients and have opportunities to lead projects.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate programming experience in python or a similar programming language, problem solving complemented by good analytical and reasoning abilities. Also command line knowledge (Linux or windows) is required.
- Senior Engineers will need to show experience across most of the below
- Experience in software development lifecycle (Agile/Lean methodologies)
- Awareness of security concerns and best practices.
- Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment Pipelines (Jenkins/Bamboo)
- Configuration As Code (TravisCI/Jenkinsfile or similar)
- Infrastructure As Code (AWS CloudFormation/Azure Resource Manager/Terraform)
- Linux (RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu) & Windows Server (2008 and above)
- Containerisation (Docker) and Container Orchestration Systems (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, DC/OS)
- Configuration Management Tooling (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Virtualisation (VMware/VirtualBox/Hyper-V)
- Virtual Machine Tooling (Vagrant, Packer)
- Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Server monitoring and alarms (CloudWatch/New Relic/DataDog/Splunk/ELK)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Deployment and management of large scale systems and estates
Please contact PLR with your CV and covering letter which would include your required salary, notice period, nationality and preferred location to be considered for the position.