Isle of Man
£32,000 - £36,000 DOE
Relocation assistance available
Our client designs and develops the technology behind a wide range of kettles and other water heating and filtration appliances. Having recently gone through a very successful AIM flotation the business is keen to fast track its NPD programme and seeking to recruit a talented Manufacturing Engineer to join this friendly and innovative team.
This is a great place to work; our client sets high standards, in terms people, products and processes and there is a strong people led culture. They operate in an environment where talent is nurtured and developed, communication is open and colleagues’ contributions valued. If this sounds like your kind of workplace, please read on.
The purpose of this role is to support the overall manufacturing processes within the group, the role will include but is not is not limited to, Statistical Analysis and Process Control, CAD Design Techniques, Project Management, Manufacturing deliverables and reporting findings to the Management team
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with regulations
- Completes and leads design and development projects
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge
- Evaluate and implement Lean Six Sigma concepts and best-in-class manufacturing techniques
- Incorporate engineering specifications into design, process, or techniques and provide feedback to capture lessons learned
- Create, implement, and monitor key performance indicators and metrics.
- Improve manufacturing process cost.
- Relevant science/engineering degree – preferably Masters.
- Preferred: Fellow or Chartered Member of an industry related Professional Body
- Experience/qualification of Manufacturing processes
- Desirable: Experience/qualification of working within and Research and Development facility
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and processing improvements
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, process control and LEAN development techniques
- Demonstrable Project Management experience/qualifications
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Technically adept and with experience in financial and commercial decision making processes
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and positively resolve issues
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against objectives
- Good relationship skills with the ability to engage a team and negotiate outcomes
- Excellent IT Skills and Analytical skills
Please apply here or for more information contact our Agency, WorkAdvisor on 02380 98617