Our client, has an urgent need for a Senior Payroll Assistant for a temp role There is a mix of home and office working if preferred, and is part of a friendly, welcoming team and also very flexible hours.
Salary : £15-16 per hour
Working for a lovely charitable business, you will take on the following responsibilities.
Payroll and Timesheets
1. Work in partnership with managers and customer teams to ensure all the personal and payroll data is available for inputting or uploading into the system, for the monthly payroll.
2. Input and ensure accuracy of approved monthly timesheets and overtime claims.
3. Provide advice and guidance to customer and stakeholder groups, in order to be able to implement all pay variations, starters, leavers, transfers, and promotions.
4. Undertake assigned month-end and year-end duties relating to payroll close.
5. Calculate, implement and update all statutory payments including SMP, SSP, SPP, SAP, SHPP and PAYE.
6. Develop an effective working relationship with customers and staff on pay discrepancies, requiring manual calculations, urgent manual payments or overpayment recoveries, negotiating the best recovery approach for each case.
7. Provide advice and guidance on employee pay queries, general payroll queries and correspondence.
Must be able to pick up payroll quickly and oversea a small team. ASAP start!
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Accountancy