Job location: Reading
Hourly pay rate: £13.69 Paye - £17.41 Umbrella
Shifts: Monday – Friday (6-2, 10-6 and 4-12)
Duration: Contract 6 months+
Start date: ASAP
A world renowned Rolling Stock vehicle manufacturing, service and maintenance company and is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. This prestigious company is also the largest rolling stock manufacturer and provider in the UK and employs over 70,000 employees in 60 countries worldwide.
Position Summary for the Material Handler
The Material Handler will work as part of a Logistics team led by the Stores Team Leader. The Material Handlers key duties are to Receive, Control and Deliver material to Customers to meet dedicated time scales. The Material Handler is required to carry out general stores duties governed by the priorities and timescales of work requirements and daily workloads, using processes and procedures to ensure a world class service to Internal and External customers. To use his/her initiative to identify improvement opportunities in areas of the Logistics function, driving continuous improvement in cost, service and time efficiencies.
Key Responsibilities for the Material Handler:
Issuing Material to Internal and External Customers
- Pick, pack and issue material to Production on site.
- Top up line side material locations.
- Pick, pack and issue material for Out-stations using the correct manual handling techniques. Pick and issue material kits to Production.
- Off-loading material at the point of delivery using the correct manual handling techniques.
- Checking quality and quantity of material delivered against documentation.
- Logging and processing delivery issues through the NCR process.
- Completing delivery paperwork and filing.
Auditing and Stock Management
- Conduct planned and un-planned adhoc audits
- Transact material between S/Locs and sites within the Managements Systems.
Conduct safety audits within the Stores area of racking, shelving and equipment, identify issues.
Material Handler profile/experience required:
- Previous experience in a fast paced Warehouse environment
- FLT experience is a must (Counterbalance)
- SAP Experience required
- Must be self-motivated
- Basic PC skills, ie: Microsoft work/excel
- Fluent in English with good communication skills
- Additionally, previous experience with SAP and/or Maximo systems would be advantageous
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION (this is standard procedure on Rail depots)
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing