Job Title Quality Control Engineer
Department Quality Control
Responsible to Quality Control Team Leader
Name of Job Holder
The Quality Control Engineer's responsibilities include inspecting materials, equipment, processes, and products, working with quality control systems, carrying out audits, dealing with non-conformances and determining corrective actions.
- Qualitative and quantitative inspection of raw material and components at goods inwards using jigs, gauges, engineering and other measuring equipment.
- Inspection of components and machine assemblies manufactured in house to ATEX requirements.
- Perform various final inspection testing (e.g. leak and continuity tests) as part of machine sign-off procedures.
- Carry out internal ISO audits as instructed by the Quality control team leader within the appropriate timescale.
- Carry out vendor assessments and surveillance visits for new suppliers.
- Control of non-conforming, quarantined and returned items.
- Control and maintain the calibration system.
- Ensure Non-Conformances from Customers (DACAR’s), internal processes (NCR’s) and suppliers (DMAR’s) are recorded and actioned.
- Conduct Root cause analysis (RCA) on no-conformances to put effective preventative measures in place.
- Ensure customer quality documentation, Certificates of Conformity, various suppliers’ certificates, Test Certificates, Quality Plans etc. are completed in a timely manner.
- Any other duties determined by the Quality control team leader within the scope of the individual’s ability.
Qualifications & Experience: At least 2 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role.
Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills Strong IT skills Ability to work on own initiative Ability to work in, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment Ability to work co-operatively with others to complete tasks and implement process improvements.
It is a mandatory condition of employment that all personnel comply with the agreed procedures under ISO 9001 in maintaining the highest levels of quality at all times, to ensure Customer satisfaction.
It is agreed that the above is a brief and concise description of the above job.
Latest update: Thursday, 15 September 2022
Updated by: Neil Koch
Employee's signature: Date:
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing