Private Sector Housing Officer needed in Newton Abbot paying £15.60 per hr - Reference: 5211093
This is a full time role on a temporary basis
- Interpreting and enforcing housing legislation primarily in the private rented sector through both reactive and proactive work.
- Carrying out Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) assessments and determining the most appropriate course of action. Preparing and serving notices as necessary, preparing evidence for and attending the Residential Property Tribunal, court and public enquiries.
- Risk assessment and inspection of houses in multiple occupation (HMOs) with partner agencies where appropriate, to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation. Licensing of HMOs in accordance with the current licensing scheme.
- Provide advice to tenants, private and social landlords, letting agents and other professional, statutory and voluntary agencies on housing conditions and the legislation relating to housing standards, through individual contact and forums/events.
- Work in connection with the Housing Options team to ensure safe and secure accommodation for homeless and vulnerable clients, providing a joined-up housing service for residents of Teignbridge.
- Preparing and presenting reports to the relevant Committee.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services