SENd Teaching Assistants urgently needed for a specialist school in Darlington for both their Primary and Secondary schools. The school caters for a broad spectrum of special needs with the children aged 2-19 years ols.
As the role is for both Primary and Secondary you could be supporting KS1 & KS2, KS3 & KS4 pupils with Autism and challenging behaviour therefore Team Teach would be advantageous. This is an immediate start date which will be ongoing.
Your duties being an SENd Teaching Assistant role will be:-
- Working on a 1:1 basis with children on the Autism spectrum
- Ability to use different strategies to support learning and the needs of the child
- Must demonstrate a positive and willing attitude
The right SENd Teaching Assistant will have:-
- Experience of working with children who have Autism or SENd is desirable but not essential
- Experience working in school environments
- Be able to hold student attention and focus with excellent communication skills
- Promote happiness, self-reliance and encourage positive interactions
What we can offer at Hello Education:-
- Market leading rates of pay
- A dedicated SEN Consultant
- Honest and friendly service
Hello Education, is committed to safeguarding children and young people and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing, referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
Contract, On a daily basis
- Industry Sector Education