Has your job been impacted by COVID-19? Have you used the last few months to think about what you want to do next? Is…
Are you thinking about doing an accountancy & finance degree? If so then these are the top 5 universities to study accountancy and finance in 2018, based on information provided by the Complete University Guide.
1. University of Leeds
The University of Leeds was established in 1904 and currently ranks 14th in the university league table overall. The University of Leeds however, ranks number 1 for courses in finance and accountancy. Leeds is one of the biggest universities in the UK with 33,000 students currently enrolled from 140 countries.
- Students value this university for teaching accounting and finance with 97% of students being satisfied with the courses;
- 87% said staff made the subject interesting and 98% said staff are good at explaining things;
- 99% of students have found themselves in higher education or employment after the course.
+ info: University of Leeds
2. University of Strathclyde (Glasgow)
Strathclyde is based in the centre of Glasgow and has one of the biggest campuses in the UK. Currently, it ranks 45th in the overall university league table and 2nd for its finance and accountancy courses. At Strathclyde, they cover all areas of accounting and finance with specific expertise in management accounting and bond markets.
- The dropout rate is only 8% after the first year;
- 82% of students achieved a 2:1 or above;
- Between 97% and 100% were employed or in further study after the course.
+ info: University of Strathclyde
3. University of Glasgow
The University of Glasgow is world renowned for its research and teaching for more than 560 years. The University of Glasgow ranks number 3 for accountancy and finance in the UK. One major benefit that the University of Glasgow likes to express is the use of professional external tutors in the accountancy and finance field.
- Overall student satisfaction is rated at 94%;
- For courses in accounting and finance, between 96% and 100% were employed or in further study after the course;
- After university 73% of students achieved a 2:1 or above.
+ info: University of Glasgow
4. London School of Economics and Political Science
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) is a specialist university located in central London. The LSE has more than 10,000 students with under half coming from outside the UK.
- 73% of students achieved a 2:1 or above;
- After the university course, the average graduate salary was 27K;
- The main entry requirements are 3 A’s in A Level’s.
+ info: London School of Economics and Political Science
5. The University of Warwick
The University of Warwick is based in Coventry and for over 10 years has been placed in the top ten for accountancy and finance.
- 88% of students achieved a 2:1 or above;
- Overall student satisfaction is rated at 90%;
- After university, 95% of students were employed or in further study.
+ info: University of Warwick
Do you feel like your future is in accounting and finance? Then have a look here to see the current job opportunities that are available and to see what companies are currently looking for in a candidate.