The Training Manager is responsible for designing and delivering custom training solutions for client accounts. These training solutions are consistent with existing Alight offerings and range in size, scope and type - from blended programs and curricula to single Instructor Led Training (ILT) courses and e-learning.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Identifies/confirms customer business objectives, course-level objectives, audience requirements, primary needs, and other project drivers.
· Facilitates design sessions with project stakeholders and subject matter experts.
· Identifies gaps between learners' existing knowledge and training goals. Uses this information in project planning and/or design phase to refine project scope, designs for varied learning modalities, defines assessment needs, determines appropriate topic areas of learning, and creates instructional plans.
· Collaborates with stakeholders to design end-to-end learning solution: designs course architecture, sequence, treatments, and assessment strategy; selects course media; selects re-usable treatments from existing approaches; works within client's technology constraints; defines rollout requirements.
· Confirms and understands implementation issues and constraints; communicates technology requirements to development team; and uses this information to inform design decisions.
· Sets project quality standards, coordinates work among team members, and proactively shares project-related information across the project team.
· Contributes to continuous improvement and functional learning by documenting and sharing best practices with the operations team.
· Seeks and applies formative feedback from evaluation of the courseware.
· Mentors Training Specialist. Oversees the work of the Training Specialist who assists with various elements of the Training program, including but not limited to in-house training delivery, preparation of course materials, and stakeholder collaboration.
· Bachelor's degree in related field from a four-year college or university with three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Three-five years’ experience in collaborative training development - designing, creating and evaluating self-paced, interactive instructional content.
· Must have ability to assess content design approaches and make content design decisions given course parameters.
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong oral and written communications skills.
· Strong training delivery, meeting facilitation, and presentation skills. Experience presenting to different audiences; experience presenting to senior levels (e.g., VP) within organizations.
· Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to solve problems and resolve conflict independently.
· Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed on assignments.
· Strong project management and follow-up skills; strong ability to multi-task and continually prioritize given changing project tasks/deliverables.
· Success Factors knowledge an asset
· Service Center experience an asset
· Instructional Design experience an asset
· HR certification an asset
· Two or more years experience working with clients
· Strong client consulting/interfacing skills. Ability to guide clients to focus on specific objectives and teaching points.
· Strong team-building skills; experience working with people of different business perspectives on a project; ability to coordinate work among team members.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams.
Environment, Physical & Other Requirements:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)