Our work includes:
• Driving out inefficiencies and increasing data quality by reviewing transactional data.
• Providing financial insight for our customers.
• Leveraging best practice and technology.
• Capability uplift of our people and automation where possible.
Reporting to a Senior Management Accountant you will maintain the robustness and timely provision of management information, providing financial support, analysis and transactional finance services to the CDIO Finance Business Partners, the Financial Planning and Analysis Team and the wider CDIO business. Person specification
- The timely provision of robust management information that supports the analysis and reporting of financial performance.
- Ensuring that recognised control procedures and practices are developed and maintained.
- Maintaining the accuracy and completeness of all actual spend, budgets and forecasts whilst adhering to the month end timetables.
- Playing a key role in the Business Planning Process, to ensure budgets are in line with expectations and the position is accurately reflected in SAP(accounting system).
- Working collaboratively and proactively with Senior Finance Analysts, Finance Business Partners, the business and key business partners to build trusted relationships and drive performance and continuous improvement.
- Analysis and Problem solving - Involvement in the production of variance analysis and all other submissions relating to your area of responsibility.
- Maintenance and control of SAP (accounting system) data, producing accurate, relevant and timely management reporting (actuals and forecasts). Also, adherence to all month end reporting and processing timetables and quality standard.
- Procurement activities, such as supporting the business to raise Purchase Orders, receipt invoices etc.
- Previous professional experience of working in a finance function.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationship partners and colleagues.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience of delivering to a high standard whilst meeting strict deadlines.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel.
- Learning and development tailored to your role.
- An environment with flexible working options.
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity.
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%.
Team members that are moving offices as a result of the Locations Programme will be entitled to a Moves Adjustment Payment for three years where they incur additional costs. This is calculated based on the difference between the costs of travelling to and from the new and old office, over a weekly period. You will get more detail on this as part of targeted locations move communications.Things you need to know Selection process details
As part of the application process you will need to supply a CV and supply a 500-word Personal Statement, showcasing your experience and how you meet the essential criteria.
Sifting of candidates will begin within 2 weeks of closing date of applications being received for this vacancy.
Interviews will be scheduled to take place within 2 weeks of sift results being released. Interviews will focus on the candidates’ application, their Strengths, knowledge, experience and the essential criteria required.
Sift and interview dates to be confirmed.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services