LSA required for PRU – September start
- by Novum Personnel
- Location Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, UK
£70.00 - £90.00 / day
12 days ago
Are you looking for a new challenging starting in September 2023?
Have you previously supported children in a PRU or an alternative provision?
Do you have any experience of working in a youth centre or similar setting?
Do you have a sporting background that would lend well to supporting children in this kind of setting?
- Based in Sunderland
- Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- Students have been permanently excluded from a mainstream school
- Students are in KS4 / Key Stage 4
- Commencing in September 2023
- Full time Learning Support Assistant
- Whole class and some 1-2-1 support
- Supporting students with curriculum and emotional support
- Deescalating behaviour and managing challenging situations
- Will have a minimum of 3 months experience in a school
- Will hold a CACHE Level 2 in Supporting Teaching and Learning or higher/equivalent (not essential)
- Will have previously supported children in a PRU or similar setting
- Will be comfortable and experienced in managing challenging behaviour
- Will have a resilient character
- Will be able to build rapport easily
- Restraint training such as Team Teach is desirable but not essential
- A great rate of pay
- Join a lovely team of staff
- The opportunity to choose when you want to work or take holidays
- A dedicated team of SEND consultants with years of experience and knowledge of the industry
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please contact us now. To find out more please contact Aimee from Hello Education on 0191 691 5007 or email [email protected]
- Refer a friend once registered and you will receive £100 cash reward once your referral has worked for us for 10 days!
Do you know of an individual who applied unsuccessfully to a long-term teacher/teaching assistant job who you believe would be suitable for full time job roles? Or that is currently working for another agency that may be interested in discussing the positions further? In return for every agency worker who refers someone will receive a £100 cash reward when a referral has worked for us for 10 days and a further £100 cash reward after another 10 days!
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education
Less than 1 year
'A' level/Higher or equivalent